Tuesday, December 26, 2017
Crows , third exhibition of stencil artist Greg Boudreau organized by Form/Space Atelier, including conceptual/co-located (Con)Spire to Perfection , which appeared in two galleries simultaneously.
Spire was the inaugural collaboration between Boudreau and Form/Space Atelier, space two; 2407 1st Avenue 98121.
Greg Boudreau prepared this proposal statement prior to the execution of November 2009's exhibit: "The project for Form/Space will be called "SPIRE." It will essentially consist of a central spire constructed of salvaged wood on the '2nd landing' (of the gallery) with possibly one or two separate partial spires. The spires will be loosely modeled on the structure of construction crane frames. The walls will be filled with a "massive" quantity of single layer hand drawn bird stencils printed on frames of salvaged wood. The intent to create a project/installation that emphasizes the vertical quality of the gallery of Form/Space Atelier. Spire also combines our original ideas (Boudreau and Form/Space Atelier Curator Paul Kuniholm) of having outside studio work mixed with an atelier project. Because of the 'freer' nature of the execution of the project I've been changing my ideas and approach more than usual."
The build for Spire can be witnessed HERE .
Brief Boudreau background:
- “A FUTURE OF CONCRETE AND STEEL.” Canvas Art. Seattle, WA. August 2008. Solo Exhibition.
- “Auburn: People and Places” or “Greg Boudreau’s More Than You Imagined” Auburn Parks and Recreation Department. June, July 2008. Auburn, WA. Solo Exhibition.
- Twilight Artist Collective. Seattle, WA. May 2008.
- “You Were Always My Favorite.” Canvas Art Gallery. Seattle, WA. March 2008.
- “Publicis Commission.” 152 panels created and installed for company collection, August and November 2007.
- “I’m Only Friends with Attractive People.” 619 Western Artist Studios. Seattle, WA. August 2007.
- “Big Game Hunters.” Calamity Jane’s. Seattle, WA. April 2007.
- Solstice Café. Seattle, WA. April 2006.
- “Spray It, Don’t Say It.” Bherd Studios. Seattle, WA. August 2008. Group Exhibition.
- “American Dream.” DDADX Studios. Portland, OR. June 2008. Group Exhibition.
- “Papercuts.” 108 Occidental Gallery. Seattle, WA. June 2008. Group Exhibition.
- ArtReach. Sea Sound Lounge. Seattle, WA. May 2008.
- Forgotten Works’ 30-30 Challenge. OK Hotel. Seattle, WA. December 2007.
- “SS Marie Antoinette Group Art Exhibit.” 619 Western Artist Studios. Seattle, WA. September 2006.
- “The Anti-Terrorism Handbook.” OK Hotel. Seattle, WA. April 2006.
- Bachelor of Arts, Business Administration, Marketing, Seattle University, Seattle, WA, June 2005
- 2008 EDGE professional development program through Artist Trust.
Posted by Paul Kuniholm Pauper at 9:37 PM